In his corporate finance practice, David K. Brown assists clients in public and private capital raising transactions, including project finance transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. He also provides guidance with respect to general corporate and securities matters and corporate governance, often working closely with boards of directors and special committees.
A trusted legal counselor, David brings a business-minded approach to legal matters, appreciating the importance of how legal decisions intersect with business decisions.
- Advised the Franchise Relationship Committee (FRC) of the Board of Directors of Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc., in the combination of Coca-Cola Enterprises, Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG to form a new Western European bottler.
- Representing national multifamily student housing developer in structuring project developments amounting in excess of $1 billion.
- Represents leisure and hospitality technology company in acquisitions of strategic targets in the U.S. and South America.
- Represented Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR) in the sale of its Osteocel business to NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA), and a related process and supply arrangement.
- Represented multiple therapeutic drug discovery companies in their public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance, and governance matters.
- Represented multiple privately held life science companies – therapeutic and device – in private securities offerings, governance and general corporate matters.
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2000; cum laude; Georgia State University Law Review, Associate Legislation Editor
- M.B.A., Georgia State University College of Law, 2000
- B.A., Emory University, 1995
Admissions : Florida, Georgia
Prior Positions :
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP: Partner
- Law Clerk for the Honorable P. Harris Hines of the Supreme Court of Georgia
- Atlanta District Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission: Intern
- National investment firm: Supervisory Review Principal
Rate : $$$$