David Hepp serves as co-head of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. Mr. Hepp’s practice focuses on transactions involving asset management, wealth management, broker-dealer and other financial services businesses. These transactions include all manner of acquisitions and dispositions, minority investments, management buyouts and restructurings.
Mr. Hepp has worked on transactions involving a wide range of publicly traded and privately held firms, including traditional retail or institutional managers with a limited suite of traditional products; diversified firms with multiple platforms offering a full range of products through multiple distribution channels; alternative asset managers of hedge funds, private equity funds or funds of funds; managers of specialized product offerings such as ETFs or CDOs; broker-dealers; and service providers such as hedge fund administrators.
He has represented both strategic and financial buyers and sellers and management owners. Mr. Hepp has been involved in many of the largest transactions in the industry. Mr. Hepp has represented clients worldwide in numerous U.S. and cross-border transactions, including:
- BlackRock in its pending acquisition of Citigroup’s Mexican asset management business;
- American Beacon Advisors in its acquisition of interests in Shapiro Capital Management, ARK Investment Management and AlphaQuant Advisors;
- First Eagle Investment Management in its acquisition by funds affiliated with Blackstone and Corsair Capital;
- E*TRADE Financial in its sale of G1 Execution Services to Susquehanna International Group;
- Pacific Century Group in its acquisition of American International Group Inc.’s third-party asset management business for up to $500 million;
Mr. Hepp’s practice also involves the structuring of compensation, retention and equity ownership arrangements for asset management and other financial services firms and their principals.
- J.D., Albany Law School, Union University, 1998 (cum laude)
- B.S., Le Moyne College, 1992 (summa cum laude)
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$