David Ingles serves as co-head of Skadden’s Financial Institutions Group. He has a diverse corporate practice representing clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate finance transactions and general corporate matters involving financial institutions.
Mr. Ingles has advised public and private financial institutions in negotiated and contested mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests, joint ventures, spin-offs, equity and debt offerings, and other complex corporate transactions. He also regularly advises private equity firms and others seeking to invest in financial institutions.
Mr. Ingles has represented clients in a wide variety of financial institutions M&A and corporate financing transactions, including:
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in its $3.4 billion acquisition of American Railcar Leasing LLC from Icahn Enterprises L.P. This transaction was named a 2017 Deal of the Year by Asia Business Law Journal;
- Citigroup Inc. in the sale of its consumer banking and credit card businesses in Brazil to ItaÚ Unibanco Holding S.A.;
- BNP Paribas in the sale of its oil and gas reserve-based lending business in the U.S. and Canada to Wells Fargo;
- as lead investor in a $200 million common equity private placement by First Michigan Bancorp, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the banking operations of CF Bancorp from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as receiver;
- American Express Company in the $1.1 billion sale of its global private banking and correspondent banking businesses to Standard Chartered PLC;
- The Bear Stearns Companies Inc. in its $1.2 billion merger with JPMorgan Chase & Co.;
- Refco Inc. and its subsidiaries in the $323 million sale of Refco’s global regulated futures brokerage business to Man Financial, Inc. in a bankruptcy auction; and
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in connection with its provision of $1 billion of first-loss credit protection and up to an additional $1.1 billion of second-loss credit protection to certain affiliates of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. in connection with Goldman’s establishment of certain lending operations.
Mr. Ingles regularly represents major investment banking firms as financial advisors on financial institutions M&A transactions. He also advises clients in connection with public disclosure and reporting, corporate governance and compliance matters, takeover preparedness and various other general corporate matters.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1993
- B.A., Loyola University of New Orleans, 1988 (cum laude)
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$