David Keating focuses his practice on matters involving technology and data. David is one of the co-leaders of the Privacy & Data Security Practice at Alston & Bird. He has advised clients on privacy and security issues arising along the entire data lifecycle for more than 15 years.
He assists clients with compliance strategies, policy development and implementation, data monetization and data use analyses, new product development, privacy and security issues in transactions, and privacy enforcement matters. Particular areas of focus include emerging technologies, Big Data, European Union data protection and children’s privacy.
David’s technology practice is focused on high technology companies and strategic technology and outsourcing initiatives at public and private corporations across industries.
His technology experience includes strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives, including information technology and business process outsourcing transactions; mergers and acquisitions; and complex software, cloud computing, systems integration and other technology transactions.
- Emory University (J.D., 1995)
- University of Massachusetts (B.A., 1991)
- District of Columbia
- State Bar of Georgia, Technology Law Section, chair (2011–2012)
- Southeastern Software Association, board of directors (2010-2014)
- Business & Technology Alliance, board of directors (2010–2012)
- Atlanta Bar Association, board of directors (2000–2002), Executive Committee (2000–2001)
Rate : $$$$