David A. Canale is partner of Meriwether & Tharp LLC. A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Mr. Canale received his B.S. degree from Louisiana State University in 1982. He graduated from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at LSU in 1989, where he was a member of both the Moot Court Board and the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Canale was admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana in October 1989 and in the State of Georgia in June 1995.
He is a member in good standing of both the Louisiana State Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia. He also is a member of the Cobb County Bar Association. He is a member of the Family Law Sections of both the State Bar of Georgia and the Cobb County Bar Association.
He is admitted to all state courts in Louisiana, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, all State and Superior Courts in Georgia, and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
He is also a member of the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court, and has been named a Top 100 Lawyer in Georgia by The National Advocates. Mr. Canale has over twenty-five years of experience as an attorney.
In addition to private practice, he previously served as an in-house counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Resolution Trust Corporation, and a private corporation. Mr. Canale currently practices in all areas of domestic relations and family law.
He, his wife and two children live in Cherokee County. They are active members of St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana,Bachelor of Science in Zoology, 1982
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana,Juris Doctor, 1989
- State Bar of Georgia, Member (1995 through present)
- State Bar of Louisiana, Member (1989 through present)
- The Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court, Member (2015 through present)
- Cobb Justice Foundation , Member (2005 through present)
- Cobb County Bar Association Family Law Section, Member (2000 through present)
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, Family Law Section (2000 through present)
- State Bar of Louisiana, Member, Family Law Section (1989 through present)
Rate : $$$