David M. Carter is a partner in the firm’s Corporate practice. He focuses on the representation of public and private companies in connection with corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and securities regulation. He regularly advises Boards of Directors and Board Committees with respect to these and other matters.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of Virginia, Ph.D., 1981
- University of Virginia, M.A., 1979
- Northwestern University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 1974
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Incoming President, Richmond Symphone Foundation
Representative Matters :
- Advised energy company in sale of joint venture interest to a private equity firm in a transaction valued at up to $1.5 billion.
- Advised private equity portfolio telecommunications company in a series of acquisitions and dispositions over a 10 year period.
- Advised public telecommunications company in $150 million private placement of debt to a private equity firm.
Rate : $$$