David C. Chapin has more than 30 years of experience advising some of the world’s leading private equity funds on mergers & acquisitions involving public companies. Clients rely on David to represent them in a wide range of financial and strategic transactions.
He also works with special committees and boards of directors on public company transactions. Longtime clients include Berkshire Partners, TH Lee Partners, Madison Dearborn Partners and Weston Presidio.
Clients have told Chambers Global that David “is a star” and that they benefit from his “intelligence, experience and business acumen.” David has been described by clients in Chambers USA as “first rate” and “really excellent,” winning accolades for his work on behalf of private equity funds.
David has been repeatedly cited among the leading lawyers for business by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, and was recently listed by both The International Who’s Who of Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers. Most recently, Best Lawyers honored David as “Lawyer of the Year” for Boston leveraged buyouts and private equity law.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1980
- BA, summa cum laude, Lafayette College, 1976; Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts, 1980
- New York, 2011
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Member, Business Law Section of Massachusetts Bar Association
- Represented Blackstone Group in its $3 billion acquisition of Emdeon, a health care services provider.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Ness Technologies in its $350 million acquisition by CVCI.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv, Inc., a pharmaceutical service provider.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its proposed $928 million acquisition of CKE Restaurants, operator of Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Affiliated Computer Services in its $8 billion acquisition by Xerox.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in the $3.6 billion acquisition of West Corporation, a leading customer relationship management (CRM) solution provider.
- Represented Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group in the $6 billion acquisition of Michaels Stores, the leading arts and crafts retail chain.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Amscan Holdings, a leading designer and distributor of decorated party goods.
Rate : $$$