A commercial litigator, David Choi is a methodical and comprehensive attorney, focused on the case at hand while also anticipating contingencies that may unexpectedly occur. He is currently focused on litigating adversary proceedings in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS).
- Member of the SIPA trustee’s Discovery Management Team, which coordinates discovery issues for more than 1,000 actions while implementing state-of-the-art commercial and proprietary systems.
- Advise clients on best practices for efficient data management, document retention/preservation policies and litigation preparedness in order to minimize the costs and disruptions associated with e-discovery.
- Assisted in preparing successful motion for partial summary judgment in prosecuting finance executive’s claims for wrongful termination.
- Represented condo unit owner who was precluded by condo board from selling unit to prospective buyer. Condo board threatened to withhold approval of sale until several terms and conditions were met. Without need for litigation, successfully obtained approval from condo board to allow sale without terms and conditions.
- As a member of the NYC Bar Association’s Information Technology and Cyber Law Committee, attends monthly meetings and gives presentations on online advertising, cybersecurity, privacy and internet architecture, including issues related to blockchain technology.
- New York City Bar Association
- Information Technology & Cyber Law Committee
- Associate Leadership Institute: Fellow (2017)
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Litigation Committee: Co-Chair
- Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
Community : StreetWise Partners: Mentor and Workshop Volunteer
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2008, Dean’s Scholar; Associate and Contributing Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, with honors
Admissions : New York, New Jersey
Rate : $$$