David Coaxum focuses his practice on the negotiation, settlement, collaborative process, and litigation of family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. In addition to family law matters, he handles civil litigation and business transactional matters.
His litigation practice has included representing individuals and corporate clients in state and federal trials and contract disputes, high profile defamation claims, company-dissolution disputes, real property litigation, and judgment collection.
Mr. Coaxum also represents individuals and small businesses in entertainment negotiations, and other transactional matters.
- Seminar Panelist: The Do’s and Don’ts of Discovery, 2008, Family Law Section, Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Seminar Panelist: Law Day, 2010, Young Lawyers Section, MSBA
- David S. Coaxum, Breach of Contract Trumps Alimony, December 2009, Family Law News, Maryland State Bar Association, Inc.”
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. Coaxum served as a Partner with a distinguished Maryland-based full service law firm. He has also previously worked as corporate counsel for a publicly traded 1st tier telecommunications company.
- J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1993
- B.A., Howard University, 1990
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- United States District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Former president of the Waring Mitchell Law Society of Howard County
- Treasurer for the Prince George’s County Committee to Elect Sitting Judges
- Adjunct faculty at the Howard University School of Law
- Board of Directors for both the Howard County Domestic Violence Center as well as the Maryland Pro Bono Resources Center (PBRC)
Rate : $$$