Named one of the leading commercial litigation attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA in 2010, David H. Colvin focuses his practice on all aspects of business-related litigation, including contractual disputes, civil RICO, unfair business practices, unclaimed property audit defense, misappropriation of trade secrets and intellectual property matters.
David is also involved in the representation of clients in the area of legal ethics and professional responsibility.
Representative Matters :
- Bennett Building, Inc. v. ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC, Civ. A. No. 12-41 (N.D. Ala.) (2012). Defense of breach of contract claims related to architectural and design services allegedly performed. Settled before discovery.
- On behalf of a global pharmaceutical company, successfully negotiated recovery of 100 percent of unpaid invoices (approximately $2 million) under manufacturer and supply agreement without filing lawsuit (2011).
- On behalf of a global pharmaceutical and vision care company, prosecuted claims arising out of a license agreement (ICDR) (2011).
- Ney v. Open Solutions Inc. (E.D. Pa.) (2008). After four-day jury trial, defense verdict in connection with claim by former employee for unpaid sales commissions.
- Unilever Ice Cream v. Jack & Jill Ice Cream Co. (Bergen County, NJ) (2006-2008). Defense of claims for breach of distribution agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets, and prosecution of claims for breach of contract and fraud. Settled after discovery.
David spent two years as a member of the Villanova University School of Law Moot Court Board and was a semi-finalist in the 2003 National Tax Moot Court competition. As an undergraduate David spent a semester studying international politics at the Institute of European Studies in Madrid.
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D.)
- Kenyon College (B.A.)
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Rate : $$$