Throughout his 30 year career, David J. Coyle has encountered numerous changes in the way bankruptcy is practiced and litigated, allowing him to draw on this knowledge when representing the interests of his clients, which range in size from large, publicly traded corporations to individuals.
Highly regarded in the bankruptcy world, David knows banking and the practical legal and business issues facing his creditor clients. He effectively advises in all areas of bankruptcy practice, including commercial landlords in disputes with tenants who have filed bankruptcy petitions, defending clients in preference actions, representing banks and other secured lenders, and representing unsecured creditors.
In addition to his bankruptcy work, David is well-versed in commercial litigation, commercial foreclosures, replevin actions, condemnation proceedings, and business torts. David is committed to helping others through pro bono work and legal aide, and he is especially proud to have been a part of the core group that helped Legal Aid of Western Ohio and Advocates for Basic Legal Equality acquire the building and funding to support The Center for Equal Justice.
- J.D., Ohio State University, 1987
- B.S., Ball State University, 1982
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio State Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals Sixth
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Ohio State Bar Association, Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Toledo Legal Aid Society, Board of Trustees (Former President)
- Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Inc., Board of Trustees (Former President) (2001-2015)
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc., Board of Trustees (Former President) (2001-2015)
Rate : $$$