J. David Crain is in the firm’s Catastrophic Loss and Insurance Coverage Litigation Section. He practices primarily in general liability defense, including trucking and transportation, products liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, intentional torts, insurance coverage, and professional liability cases.
He regularly works on cases involving high risk exposure for catastrophic losses on behalf of excess carriers, including defending companies in serious injury and death cases.
- Has successfully mediated and tried personal injury cases, including first and second chair Circuit Court trials.
- Has represented product manufacturers in defense of product liability claims, including design defect, manufacturing defect and inadequate warnings claims.
- Represents national and international insurance carriers in defense and prosecution of coverage disputes.
- Represents insurance agents in defense of professional liability claims.
- J.D., College of William & Mary, 2009
- B.A., James Madison University, 2003
- Virginia State Bar
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bar
- Virgin Islands Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$