Mr. David N. Crapo has extensive experience in the fields of bankruptcy, debtor/creditor law, commercial law, and equipment leasing. He represents debtors, secured lenders, creditors, landlords, governmental entities, non-debtor licensees of debtor’s intellectual property, bidders at bankruptcy sales, and trustees and other fiduciaries.
His experience includes the negotiation and preparation of loan agreements and pleadings in connection with debtor-in-possession financing and/or use of the cash collateral of financial institutions and other lenders, as well as the analysis of commercial, corporate, and municipal bond transactions to assess bankruptcy and insolvency-related risks and to make recommendations for minimizing those risks.
Mr. Crapo has also drafted numerous insolvency-related bankruptcy opinions in connection with corporate and municipal bond transactions and has authored and co-authored many articles on bankruptcy-related subjects.
Mr. Crapo, who holds an LL.M. in Health Law and Policy, also represents hospitals and other institutional healthcare providers, medical practices, lenders, bidders, insurers and insurance agencies, employers, and a pharmacy chain in connection with healthcare issues. His experience includes:
- advising on the impact of HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and the Breach Notification Rule on transactions;
- evaluating and assisting in the structuring of transactions to meet the requirements of the Anti-Kickback Laws and the Stark law;
- revising medical staff bylaws to meet changes in the Joint Commission standards;
- preparing hospital access agreements and Medicare Advantage provider agreements; and
- representing creditors in healthcare bankruptcies and potential purchasers of the assets of healthcare related debtors.
He was awarded the designation, Certified International Privacy Professional – US. He has written and spoken extensively on healthcare related issues, particularly in the area of data privacy and security. He has also edited the newsletter of the Health Law Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (LL.M., Health Law and Policy)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., with honors)
- University of Wisconsin (M.A.)
- Boston College (A.B., summa cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- Awarded the designation, Certified International Privacy Professional–US by the International Association of Privacy Professionals on January 4, 2016
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, Health Information Management & Systems Society (including the New Jersey Chapter)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Secured Transactions
- American Bar Association
- ACO Task Force, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Creditor/Debtor Committee
Rate : $$$$