David M. Cummings, an associate in the litigation practice group, focuses his practice on representing corporate policyholders in resolving disputes concerning coverage under general liability, property, directors and officers, professional liability, and cyberliability insurance – among other types of coverage – by way of litigation, mediation, and arbitration.
David’s representations range from large publicly-traded Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups and mid-market private companies covering industries as diverse as banking and finance, energy exploration and development, mortgage servicing and real estate, manufacturing, consumer retail, gaming, and healthcare.
David’s practice is international, with depth of experience in matters across the country at the state and federal level, and experience in matters involving the London and Bermuda markets, to name but a few.
Before joining Reed Smith, David practiced commercial litigation at an AmLaw 100 law firm, where he represented numerous Fortune 500 corporate clients in all stages of litigation. David worked in marketing and advertising before attending law school.
- University of Illinois College of Law, 2013, J.D., Cum Laude, University of Illinois Law Review – Topics Editor 2012 – 2013
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010, B.A., Bronze Table Scholar, James Scholar
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Federal Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois – Young Agents Committee
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts – Associate Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
Rate : $$$