David K. Duffee is a finance partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office, and is the leader of the firm’s New York Banking & Finance practice. He advises financial institutions and borrowers in lending transactions – both for US-based borrowers and in cross-border financings.
A significant part of David’s practice focuses on Latin American lending. According to Chambers Latin America 2015, David is “[a] popular choice for syndicated bank financing.”
Acquisition financings comprise a large part of David’s practice. He also works on lending transactions with insurance company borrowers. He has extensive experience with work-outs, debtor-in-possession financings and other distressed situations.
- Columbia Law School, JD
- St. Olaf College, BA, magna cum laude
Admissions : New York
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Represented YUM! Brands, Inc., and its subsidiaries Taco Bell of America, KFC Holding Co. and Pizza Hut Holdings, in their $3.5 billion senior secured credit facilities.
- Represented the arrangers of a $200 million senior secured credit facility for a leading supplier to the recreational vehicle and manufactured homes industries.
- Represented the arrangers of the financing for the US$840 million acquisition by Colombia’s Celsia S.A. of Central American energy assets of French-based GDF Suez.
- Represented an international bank in connection with a US$300 million financing for Mexican rail company.
- Represented an international bank in connection with a US$115 million financing for the owner and operator of open-pit copper mines in Arizona.
- Represented an international bank in providing a US$138 million margin financing for one of the world’s largest private investment firms.
- Represented the arrangers of a US$275 million financing for the acquisition of four drilling rigs to be used in the Gulf of Mexico and chartered to Petróleos Mexicanos.
- Advised the arrangers of a US$190 million syndicated credit facility (denominated in US dollars, Colombian pesos and Mexican pesos) for a multi-national packaging manufacturer.
- Represented an international bank in connection with the financing of the US$400 acquisition of Nextel del Perú S.A by the Chilean telecommunications company, Empresa Telecomunicaciones S.A. (Entel).
- Represented an international bank in connection with a US$1 billion credit facility for a Brazilian energy company.
Rate : $$$