David E. Dunham is a founding partner of Taylor Dunham and Rodriguez LLP and a civil trial law specialist. Mr. Dunham is an experienced trial lawyer with a long track record of success in a wide array of litigation matters.
His success on behalf of clients at trial has been recognized by the American Lawyer and VerdictSearch.com in their annual publication of the top 100 verdicts in the country.
A representative list of cases handled by Mr. Dunham is set forth in his curriculum vitae, which may be downloaded at the link above. Mr. Dunham has represented business and individuals in the following industries: semiconductor, telecommunications, software, medical devices, wireless, computer peripherals, recreational equipment, securities, gaming and more. Please see his curriculum vitae for verdicts and judgments he has obtained for his clients.
Clients regularly turn to Mr. Dunham for representation in the following types of cases:
- Patent Infringement: Represented owners of computer and cell phone patent in five infringement lawsuits brought in the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas. All cases resulted in settlements and licenses.
- Patent Infringement Defense: Represented large, international software company sued on patent infringement claims in the Eastern District of Texas. Case remains pending.
- Trademark Infringement and Defense: Represented Houston-based company in asserting and defending claims of trademark infringement in Houston and Boston. Cases in both Houston and Boston settled.
- Breach of Contract: Represented oil and gas company in lawsuit filed in Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas regarding breach of an acquisition agreement. Case settled early in litigation.
- Professional Liability: Represented United States Bankruptcy Trustee in legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty case filed in Austin, Texas. Case settled before trial and was approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Partnership Dispute: Represented partner in federal court in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty case. Case remains pending.
- Copyright Infringement: Represented company in copyright infringement case filed against music label in Austin Division, Western District of Texas. Case settled early in litigation.
- Shareholder Litigation: Represented shareholder in minority shareholder oppression case filed in Austin, Texas. Case settled before trial.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, J.D. – 1988
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, B.A. – 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$