David Bocan is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. He is Practice focuses on insurance and reinsurance coverage, insurance subrogation, insurance bad faith law, insurance business and regulatory law and alternative dispute resolution.
Obtained $5,800,000 settlement for subrogated insurer after winning liability phase of an inverse condemnation trial.
Co-trial counsel in the representation of several foreign and domestic insurance companies in litigation arising from the Olympic pipeline rupture and explosion in Bellingham, Washington. As a result of the unavailability of the pipeline, Atlantic Richfield sustained business interruption and extra expense losses.
The litigation involved the resolution of coverage issues with Atlantic Richfield and a subrogation action against the owner and operator of the pipeline. The subrogation case settled for a confidential amount a month before trial was scheduled to begin in federal court in Seattle
Dole Food Company fire at its Yuma, Arizona processing plant.
City of Oakland, California building damage from the 1989 earthquake.
Brought RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) lawsuit against numerous attorneys in Southern California who conspired to defraud insurance companies. Recovered millions of dollars for insurance company client.
- Wayne State University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution, Tort and Insurance Practice, and Litigation Sections)
- Appointed to the American Bar Association Committees of Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance, Property Insurance, Insurance Coverage Litigation and Subcommittees on Insurance Bad Faith and International Insurance
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, (Alternative Dispute Resolution and International Practice and Law Sections)
- International Association for Insurance Law
- Los Angeles County Beverly Hills and Century City Bar Associations
Rate : $$$