David Brown Jr. is co-leader of Alston & Bird’s Corporate Area, which includes its Corporate & Securities, Energy, Finance, Financial Services & Products, Health Care, Real Estate, and Public Policy groups. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities matters, and technology transactions, with an emphasis on the financial services, real estate, and technology industries.
David regularly represents issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of equity, debt, and hybrid securities and has extensive experience in complex mergers and acquisitions, particularly transactions coupled with strategic relationships between the parties.
David has advised clients on hundreds of M&A transactions with an aggregate deal value exceeding $96 billion and securities transactions with a value exceeding $58 billion. He is a frequent speaker and author of publications on securities regulation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances issues.
- District of Columbia
- University of Kentucky (J.D., 1986)
- Princeton University (A.B., 1983)
- John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware, advisory board
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals
- District of Columbia Bar, Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- The Sheridan School, board of trustees, chair, 2004-2009
Rate : $$$$