David is a member of the firm’s Public Policy International Practice Group. During his government career, he served in the US State Department’s Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
In his 25 years in private practice, he has advised foreign governments and multinational corporations on international business and public policy matters, with a geographical focus on the United States, Western Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Russia, and Central and South Asia.
David advises multinational corporations and foreign government-owned corporations on market entry strategies, local partner selection, project tenders, structuring and finance, intellectual property strategies, and dispute resolution in the United States, the MENA region, and the Central Asian and South Asian markets.
David has also advised and participated at senior management and board level in the organization, structuring, funding, reorganization, and restructuring of services and technology companies in energy, transportation and logistics, commercial security, veterinary pharmaceuticals, film finance, mobile telephony and software development, and food export and restaurant services.
During his career he has also managed the legal aspects of the development and enforcement of two global intellectual property portfolios, in shipping propulsion technology and in wireless payments systems.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Governing Board of the European Centre of Public Affairs (ECPA), Sussex University, United Kingdom
- Freewheel Productions, Ltd. United Kingdom
- Upaid Systems, Ltd., British Virgin Islands
- Former Member, Board of Directors and an Officer at Large, American Chamber of Commerce, Paris
- Former Member, Board of Advisors, The Children’s Hospital Center of Washington
- Former Member, Board of Advisors, North Carolina Outward Bound School
- Former Board Member, Wildlife Laboratories, Inc., of the United States
- University of Alabama, J.D., 1975
- University of Alabama, B.A., 1971
Rate : $$$