David Schwartz serves as global head of the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Group. He advises clients on a full spectrum of employment-related issues. Mr. Schwartz regularly represents clients before state and federal administrative agencies and courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
His litigation experience includes defense of retaliation, discrimination, wage/hour, breach of contract and fraud claims, including potential class actions. He also regularly represents clients in cases concerning the enforcement of restrictive covenants and breaches of fiduciary duties.
Mr. Schwartz often advises clients on non-litigation matters. In particular, he has worked with clients to:
- conduct internal investigations;
- implement non-harassment policies;
- negotiate employment and separation agreements;
- negotiate collective bargaining agreements; and
- implement reduction-in-force plans.
Mr. Schwartz also advises clients in connection with business transactions, including restructurings. His work in this area involves, among other things, the development and implementation of strategies to retain key executives and professionals.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1994 (cum laude)
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1989 (cum laude)
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New Jersey
Associations : Board Member, Legal Services NYC
Rate : $$$$