David Elbaum is Senior Counsel at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. His practice focus is in securities and antitrust litigation and investigations. He represents companies and individuals in a broad range of complex commercial cases, including shareholder and derivative actions and M&A litigation.
David also represents clients in government investigations involving the DOJ, the SEC, HUD and other regulatory agencies. David’s recent clients have included JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank, L3 Technologies, Dollar General, Toronto-Dominion Bank, Travelers, Novartis Pharmaceuticals and Walter Investment Management.
David has also represented Blackstone, KKR, Goldman Sachs, ITT, Scholastic, Ford Models, outside directors of WorldCom and outside directors of TCI. Prior to his return to the Firm in 2014, David represented Patriarch Partners in several matters, including two successful trials of complex commercial disputes.
David earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law, and his B.A. from Brown University, and clerked with The Honorable Harold Baer, Jr., U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York.
- New York University School of Law, 1995 J.D.
- Brown University, 1991 B.A.
- New York 1996
- U. S. District Court Southern District of New York 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2008
Rate : $$$