David Patrick Elder focuses on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, corporate governance and general corporate securities matters. He represents major corporate clients across a broad array of sectors, as well as issuers, underwriters and investment banking firms in public and private offerings.
Along with various other mergers, acquisitions and capital markets transactions, David has represented a major international oil and gas company in a $2.5 billion tender offer and merger proposal, and counseled a major energy company in its negotiation of the largest naming rights transaction of its kind.David has been a member of the firm’s management committee, audit and finance committee, and partnership admissions committee.
- Advises issuers, underwriters and investment banking firms in public and private offerings.
- Represents major corporate clients in the energy, oil and gas, sports and entertainment, and telecommunications sectors.
- Certified Public Accountant previously with a Big Four firm.
- Advised Quicksilver Resouces Inc. in its Chapter 11 restructuring, including in the sale of substantially all of its domestic assets to BlueStone National Resources II, LLC.
- Represented Sanchez Energy Corporation in the structuring of its $500 million first lien second out notes and related first lien first out credit facility.
- Represented the financial advisor in the structuring of the merger of two publicly traded MLPs.
- Represented a leading international, publicly traded oil and gas company in its $2.5 billion tender offer and merger proposal for another publicly traded oil and gas company.
- Represented a midstream master limited partnership in its initial public offering.
- Advised Valero Energy Partners LP in multiple transactions, including its recent $950 million merger with Valero Energy Corporation.
- Advised a publicly traded seismic company and a publicly traded E&P company in their Chapter 11 restructurings.
- Acted for a large publicly traded midstream master limited partnership (MLP) in its $1+ billion acquisition of gathering assets.
- Represented a publicly traded exploration and production (E&P) company in its sale to another large, publicly traded E&P company.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Houston Bar Association.
- Recommended by Legal 500 US in Energy Transactions: Oil & Gas (2018).
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 1995
- B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1990
Rate : $$$$