David Evans practices real estate and business law and routinely represents clients in Florida and throughout the United States in complex real estate transactions. David’s daily practice involves real estate acquisitions, sales, development, leasing and land use matters.
David maintains a special emphasis on office, industrial, retail and restaurant leasing, and on the preparation and negotiation of complex restrictive covenants for mixed use and other developments.
- Represents an international hospitality company and has assisted with its entry into the U.S. marketplace, including the acquisition of distressed short-term rental projects in the Central Florida tourist corridor and the development, operation, permitting, sale and rental of short-term rental townhome units. Also has handled many legal matters not related to real estate, including immigration, labor and employment, tax, and litigation.
- Represents an international logistics company and its subsidiaries in tenant leasing matters throughout the United States.
- Represents an international hotel and gaming brand in various licensing and development matters in the United States and around the world.
- Represented an individual investor in the acquisition of a historic office building in the Orlando Central Business District from a bank, and assisted the client with the renovation and subsequent leasing of space in the building.
- Represented a bankrupt timeshare development company in the disposition of real estate assets in Florida and the U.S. Virgin Islands pursuant to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Assisted numerous clients in the creation, licensing and operation of property and rental management programs for short-term rental communities and condominium hotels.
- Represented numerous clients in financing transactions, with particular emphasis on reducing documentary stamp tax and intangible tax liabilities.
- Represented numerous clients in access, ingress, egress, utility, drainage, conservation and other easement matters.
- Represented numerous clients in the formation and operation of residential and commercial condominium projects, specifically including hotel condominium projects.
- Florida Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- NAIOP (Real Estate Development Association)
- Coastal Conservation Association of Florida
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Coastal Conservation Association of Florida, Orlando Chapter, Banquet Committee: Past Chair
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2004, magna cum laude; Senior Associate Member, Stetson Law Review; Dean’s Fellow; Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity and Business Law Society; Book Awards: Admiralty, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Law of Financial Insititutions
- B.S.B.A., Samford University, 2001
Admissions : Florida, 2004
Rate : $$$$