David Katz is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough’s Atlanta office where he leads the Privacy and Information Security Practice Group. He provides legal advice on matters related to the privacy laws affecting multiple sectors of the economy including retail, financial services, education, healthcare, and technology.
He counsels corporate clients on the development, management, and oversight of privacy and compliance programs and vendor management programs. He assists clients in developing policies and procedures, education strategies, implementation of auditing and monitoring controls, reviews of disciplinary and enforcement activities, and risk assessments.
His corporate practice includes providing privacy and security due diligence reviews for mergers and acquisitions. He represents clients at all stages of incident response from investigation, notification, remediation and defense of litigation and regulatory inquiry.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, JD (1999)
- University of Georgia, BA, Political Science (1996)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Due Diligence in the Privacy and Security Context
- Data Breach Response
- Information Management
Previous Professional Experience:
- Legal Counsel, Aaron’s, Inc. (2006-2011)
- Senior Assistant District Attorney – Zone One Community Prosecutor, Office of the District Attorney for Fulton County (2005-2006)
- Senior Legal Counsel, Compliance and Privacy Manager, Aaron’s, Inc. (2011-2013)
- Cybersecurity Law & Strategy, Editorial Board (2016-present)
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, Professor, Business Planning (Spring 2012, Fall 2013)
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Baltimore City Community College (2002-2004)
- Technology Association of Georgia, Financial Technology; Board of Directors, Steering Committee Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (December 2011)
Rate : $$$$