David J. Farber specializes in litigation, regulatory matters, and public policy, with a focus on healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid issues for pharmaceutical and medical device companies, hospitals and pharmacies.
A member of our FDA, Life Sciences, and Healthcare, and Government Advocacy practices, David represents clients in healthcare litigation, False Claims Act cases and other commercial disputes, as well as in advocacy before Congress and federal agencies on coverage, coding, reimbursement and other issues. He is a recognized national expert on Medicare Secondary Payer issues.
Combining broad experience in litigation and public policy, David focuses on complex, multiparty litigation and government advocacy. As a lead litigator, he represents clients in a variety of healthcare and False Claims Act cases, and other disputes. He has also counseled clients in international arbitration, including matters before the International Court of Claims.
In his advocacy practice, David focuses on advising clients in the healthcare and insurance industries. He often serves as a primary strategist and policy architect in a broad range of matters, navigating through Congress, executive branch agencies and academia to influence the legislative and regulatory processes.
Through his advocacy, he has drafted and helped pass legislation, and has prompted changes in agency policies in ways that benefit his clients. He is a national thought leader on Medicare Secondary Payer issues, having drafted the 2012 SMART Act enacted by Congress.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., Economics, New York University
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$