David N. Farsiou is a patent attorney with a unique combination of skills. Not only has he been immersed in patent litigation, handling cases at the trial and appellate levels, but he has been equally involved in patent prosecution, from preparation of patent applications to actions before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
As a result, David is able to provide advice and strategies to his prosecution clients that lead to patents that can withstand the scrutiny of litigation or – better yet – enable his clients to avoid litigation altogether. David leads the Biotechnology, Chemical, and Pharmaceutical patent prosecution team for the firm.
- Manages various patent portfolios for major corporations directed to, for example, pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices and industrial chemicals.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications in the chemical and mechanical arts before the USPTO and internationally.
- Prepares and reviews, and advises clients regarding, intellectual property provisions of licensing and acquisition agreements.
- Serves as counsel in ex parte and inter partes re-examination proceedings regarding nutritional beverages, dietary supplements and polymeric casings for electronic devices.
- Obtained a finding of noninfringement for a pharmaceutical client in a multiple-defendant litigation involving an assertion of four patents relating to administration of hepatitis B vaccines.
- Represented major pharmaceutical corporations in patent infringement cases directed to surgical stapler technology, electrochemical test strips for the treatment of diabetes and absorbent consumer products.
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
- Benjamin Franklin American Inn of Court
- New Jersey Technology Council
Community : Lower Makefield Township, Pennsylvania: Youth Baseball and Soccer Coach
- J.D., Pennsylvania State University – Dickinson Law, 1997; Law Review, Comments Editor
- B.S., Chemistry, Clemson University, 1994, magna cum laude; Annual Chemistry Scholarship and American Institute of Chemists Award (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 44,104
Rate : $$$$