David A. Fine serves as general outside counsel to a broad range of corporate organizations, handling their mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and minority investments, securities, public, private, venture and other equity and debt financing and investment transactions, proxy fights, executive compensation, contracting, governance, and other general corporate issues.
His clients—which include Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Cabot Corporation, EMCOR Group, Inc., Eversource, ISQ Global Infrastructure Fund, Michaels Stores, Inc., Planet Fitness, Plymouth Rock Assurance, TransAct Technologies and V.F. Corporation—represent key sectors of the global economy: technology, energy, airline/transportation, financial services, retail, industrial services, and higher education.
A Ropes & Gray partner since 1990, David served as the co-head of the firm’s Federal Securities and Public Company practice from January 2002 through May 2006, as chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee from 2005 to 2010 and now serves as co-chair of the firm’s energy/infrastructure practice.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 1981; Order of the Coif
- BA, magna cum laude, Brandeis University, 1978
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1981
- Represented Champion Enterprises Holdings in a reverse merger with Skyline Corporation to create the nation’s largest publicly traded factory-built housing company.
- Represented I Squared Capital in its joint venture with Veolia Energy and the venture’s acquisition of the Kendall Square Power Station.
- Represented Planet Fitness in its acquisition by TSG Consumer Partners and Planet Fitness in its subsequent IPO.
- Represented Emcor Group in its acquisitions of Ohmstede Ltd, USM Services and Repcon Services.
- Represented Weston Jesuit School of Theology in its affiliation with Boston College through the Ecclesiastical Faculty at Boston College.
Rate : $$$