David M. Florence is an associate in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He practices in California, Florida, New York, and New Jersey. Mr. Florence has experience in commercial litigation, and the defense of civil actions including mass multi-jurisdictional toxic tort litigation, professional liability, wrongful death, general liability, trucking accidents, product defects, construction defects, and defamation.
Mr. Florence has represented national hotels, stores and restaurants, attorneys, insurance professionals, auto dealerships, property managers and owners, contractors and individuals. He has also handled intellectual property and trust and estate litigation.
Mr. Florence was lead counsel obtaining a defense verdict in a premises liability and product liability matter with more than $1 million in alleged damages. He served as second chair obtaining a $20 million verdict in a real estate dispute also involving eminent domain and government conflicts of interest.
Mr. Florence has drafted and argued successful motions for summary judgment regarding accessibility ramp code compliance, mold infestation, installation of fitness equipment, bathtub product defect, automobile accident fraud and first party property coverage.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Eckerd College, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1998
- State Bar Admissions : California, Florida, New Jersey, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, Alumni
- San Diego Inn of Court, Trial Advocacy Alumni
- Christian Legal Society
Rate : $$$