Public and private companies depend on David W. Ghegan’s business acumen for a variety of complex securities and corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other general business matters.
A veteran corporate attorney with over 20 years of experience, David regularly counsels public and private companies and their boards of directors in connection with corporate governance, securities disclosure matters, securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
David routinely advises investment banking firms and serves as underwriters’ counsel in connection with various securities offerings. David also devotes a significant amount of his practice representing financial institutions, and is experienced in formation and capital-raising activities of community banks, mergers and acquisitions and bank regulatory matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented America II Electronics in its recapitalization with Wynnchurch Capital.
- Represented FirstAtlantic Bank in its $110 million acquisition by National Commerce Corporation.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel in a $225 million subordinated debt offering for Bank of the Ozarks, Inc.
- Served as Placement Agent’s counsel in Franklin Financial Network’s $20 million subordinated debt offering.
- Represented Metro Bancshares in its $40 million acquisition by ServisFirst Bancshares, Inc.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel in connection with multiple public equity and debt offerings by a property and casualty insurer based in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Represented Matria Healthcare, Inc. in connection with its $1.1 billion acquisition by Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc.
- Represented directors and officers of troubled financial institutions in connection with bank regulatory matters.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association, Business and Finance Section Past Chairman
- Breakthrough Atlanta, Chairman
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1997, Notes and Comments Editor, Emory Law Journal
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$