David M. Godosky is a former judge and prosecutor. A graduate of Cornell Law School, David has had many verdicts and settlements totaling in the tens of millions of dollars. Many of the cases David handles and has taken to trial involve police misconduct and civil rights violations.
David is also actively engaged in the Firm’s appellate practice and has argued several cases in the Court of Appeals. After being appointed to the bench by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and serving as a judge, David returned to the Firm’s practice as a lead trial attorney.
Recently, David obtained a $25.2 million verdict on behalf of a 34 year-old Brooklyn man who was shot by an NYPD officer, rendering our client a paraplegic. A Brooklyn jury unanimously found in favor of our client. The verdict was recognized as one of the “Top Ten” verdicts in New York State by the National Law Journal.
David has also obtained numerous multi-million dollar awards on behalf of pedestrians struck by cars and buses, including a $4 million verdict for a 63 year-old woman struck and killed by NYPD squad car.
David serves on the Board of Directors and as an Officer of the New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance (NYCTLA). David lives in Manhattan with his wife and twin daughters.
- New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York, J.D. – 1992
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York, B.A. – 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York, Member
- Jewish Lawyers Guild, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association, Member
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
Rate : $$$$