David M. Green is a Senior Counsel in the Atlanta office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice in all aspects of corporate and insurance law, ethics and compliance, and risk management. He has been a strategic-minded, legal advisor to boards of directors and senior management who assists clients in maximizing business opportunities while mitigating risk.
He advises clients on legal implications of major decisions, strategies and transactions, particularly commercial transactions, regulatory affairs, corporate governance, product development and litigation management. David has additional experience in reinsurance and employee benefits and significant experience with mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for Maxum Specialty Insurance Group where he provided proactive and responsive legal support to the Board of Directors, Senior Management, and company divisions including underwriting, sales, human resources and claim professionals regarding all legal and regulatory implications of Company strategy, decisions and transactions. David also has considerable experience working in private practice and for the Georgia Department of Insurance.
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Maxum Specialty Insurance Group, Alpharetta, Ga.
- Associate and Of Counsel, Troutman Sanders LLP, Atlanta
- Associate Counsel, The Hartford Omni Group, Atlanta
- Associate, Morris, Manning and Martin, Atlanta
- Enforcement Attorney, Georgia Department of Insurance, Atlanta
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Kathlene F. Gosselin, Gainesville, Ga.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions :
- Member, Surplus Lines Law Group
- Member, NAPSLO Legislative Committee
- Committee Member, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 1994
- B.A., University of Georgia, 1989
Admissions : Georgia, 1994
Rate : $$$