David Hall, shareholder in the Birmingham office, is the leader of the Firm’s Transportation Group and an active member of the Firm’s Product Liability & Mass Tort Group. Mr. Hall concentrates his practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury, consumer fraud/warranty, business torts, commercial disputes, transportation, product liability and insurance litigation. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Alabama, as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Hall initiated and shares oversight of Baker Donelson’s 24-Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever needed. Mr. Hall is former chair of Baker Donelson’s Motor Carrier Industry Service Team.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 1992, magna cum laude
- Samford University, B.S., 1987
ADMISSIONS : Alabama, 1992
Won summary judgment for a regional surface transportation company in a multi-million dollar case arising out of a rear-end collision between commercial tractor trailers. The plaintiff had alleged a neck injury that resulted in permanent paralysis, alleged that our client was vicariously liable for its driver’s negligence/wantonness, and asserted negligent entrustment claims against our client.
- Personal Injury/Casualty Litigation
- Obtained the dismissal of a wrongful death claim arising out of an off-road earth moving equipment accident.
- Obtained a seven figure verdict against the U.S. government in a Federal Tort Claims Act case arising out of a medical malpractice claim.
- Handled numerous investigations of commercial motor vehicle fatality accidents.
- Represented numerous commercial motor carriers in personal injury, freight and commercial claims in Alabama and the Southeast.
- Obtained the dismissal of a wrongful death claim arising out of a multi-vehicle head-on collision.
- Obtained the dismissal of a wrongful death claim in Louisiana state court and recovered the client’s property damage in a case involving a collision between commercial motor vehicles.
- Obtained dismissal of 50-plus nation-wide antitrust class actions filed against LTL Commercial Motor Carrier. Plaintiffs’ alleged client wrongfully conspired with other motor carriers in industry to set surcharge rates.
- Product Liability/Mass Tort
- Represented various product manufacturers in product liability, mass tort, occupational exposure and warranty claims.
- Obtained the dismissal of class arbitration claims brought against a manufacturer of consumer products.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of more than 400 plaintiffs’ toxic exposure claims on behalf of product manufacturer.
- Commercial Litigation
- Represented various clients in commercial disputes.
- Represented builders and developers in construction, fraud and warranty claims, as well as commercial disputes.
- Successfully enforced the first right of refusal in a commercial contract for the purchase of real property.
- Insurance – Breach of Contract, Bad Faith and ERISA
- Represented various commercial/general liability, and life, health and disability insurance carriers against fraud, bad faith, breach of contract and ERISA claims.
- Obtained the dismissal of a class action brought against a dental insurance carrier.
- Obtained the dismissal of various ERISA claims for life, health and disability insurance carriers.
- Business Litigation
- Represented individuals and entities in business governance disputes.
- Obtained the dismissal of a limited partner derivative action brought against a general partner.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Alabama and Birmingham Bar Associations
- Member – Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – Transportation Lawyers Association
- Recipient – Distinguished Service Award, Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member – Trucking Industry Defense Association
Rate : $$$$