David Heales is an associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. David focuses on corporate transactions in the insurance industry and general insurance regulatory matters.
David regularly acts in the acquisition and disposition of insurance entities and blocks of insurance business, including through reinsurance. He also advises clients on various insurance regulatory matters, such as holding company act filings, redomestications, licensing matters involving insurance companies and producers, and investment law considerations.
David has previously been a secondee to iptiQ Americas, part of Swiss Re Life Capital. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, David was an associate with a large, international law firm in New York, focusing on insurance transactions and regulation.
Education : Oxford University, MA
- New York
- England and Wales
- Nestlé in its pending sale of Gerber Life Insurance Company to Western & Southern for $1.55 billion (currently subject to regulatory approvals).
- The Hartford in its pending acquisition of the Navigators Group for $2.1 billion (currently subject to regulatory approvals).
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Monument Re its acquisition of a run-off portfolio of linked and traditional life insurance business from Metlife Europe initially through reinsurance to Monument Re followed, upon receipt of court approvals, by a portfolio transfer.
- Fidelity National, as special US and UK insurance regulatory counsel, in its pending acquisition of Stewart National for $1.2 billion (currently subject to regulatory approvals).
- Providing ongoing insurance regulatory advice to a wide variety of insurance companies and institutions, including with respect to product development, licensing, data privacy, financing, reporting and compliance issues.
Rate : $$$