David B. Heedy is an associate in the Trusts and Estates, Corporate, and Taxation practice groups, David believes that being an attorney is one of the most intellectually rewarding jobs there is because one needs to be a problem-solver, an analyst, and a creative thinker in order to best serve the client.
David received his J.D. (cum laude) from the Florida State University College of Law. While in law school, David was an Articles Editor for the Florida State University Law Review and the Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law.
He was also a judicial extern under Judge William A. Van Nortwick, Jr. (Ret.) at the Florida First District Court of Appeal and published by the Florida State University Business Review. After receiving his law degree, David attended the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he received his LL.M. in Taxation.
- B.S., with honors, Biology, University of Florida, 2012
- J.D., with honors, Florida State University College of Law, 2015
- LL.M., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2016
Bar and Court Admissions : Florida, 2015
- Prepared trusts, both revocable and irrevocable, being an integral component of complex estate and tax planning strategy to a client’s estate plan.
- Assisted out-of-state residents in establishing Florida domiciles.
- Drafted acquisition agreements and asset purchase agreements on behalf of small business owners.
- Regularly and routinely formed business entities and prepared articles of organization, bylaws, and operating agreements, as well as maintaining corporate records, and filing annual reports for corporations and LLCs.
- Advised families on family business succession matters, including buy/sell agreements, the use of life insurance, and tax-minimization.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Sarasota Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Division, Steering Committee Member
- Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council, Member
- Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar, Tax Section, Member
Rate : $$$