David M. Hymer is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Mr. Hymer has significant experience in real property acquisitions, development, leasing and sales.
His experience includes complex real estate purchase and sale transactions representing developers of master planned communities in all aspects of development and sale; representing public and privately-held homebuilders in land acquisitions and related matters; landbanking transactions; representing shopping center developers and investors; ground leases; built-to-suit transactions; real estate loan transactions; and construction contracts.
- Master-Planned Communities – Represent developers of large master-planned communities, including San Elijo Hills and Villages at Escaya, in all aspects of development and merchant builder sales programs.
- Troubled Assets – Forebearance agreements, loan modifications, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and purchases of troubled real estate loans.
- Construction Contracts – Construction, design-build and architect contracts; representation of developers of high-rise condominium projects, including One Rincon Plaza in San Francisco, the tallest residential building west of the Mississippi.
- Leasing – Representation of owners and tenants in retail, office and industrial/R&D lease transactions, including lease of 150,000-square-foot facility to Lockheed Martin and lease of 750,000-square-foot facility to General Mills.
- Real Estate Finance – Representation of owners obtaining construction, acquisition and development and mezzanine loans, including numerous loans in excess of $100 million. Representation of parties to landbanking transactions.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1987, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1983, summa cum laude
Admissions : California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Industrial & Office Properties
- Stanford Professionals in Real Estate
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the San Diego Council on Literacy
- Past co-chair of the Real Property Section of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Past co-chair of the Southern California Construction and Commercial Industrial Development Subsection of the Real Property Section of the California Bar Association
Rate : $$$