David P. Iozzi is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions group. His practice focuses on advising corporations in private strategic transactions and private equity firms in acquisitions, joint ventures and public and private exits. Mr. Iozzi’s experience includes significant work with the technology and healthcare industries, with co-investments by sponsors and asset managers, and in the venture capital and start-up sector.
Mr. Iozzi is co-editor of the “current trends” chapter of the Practising Law Institute’s Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book and has co-authored articles on co-investing and club deals for the Debevoise & Plimpton Private Equity Report.
Mr. Iozzi joined Debevoise in 2010. He received a J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2010 and a B.A. from the University of Washington in 2004. He is a member of the Bar of New York and is fluent in Danish.
- Kelso & Company in its sale of PowerTeam Services to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- P2 Capital, alongside Silver Lake, in the $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk, a global financial technology company.
- Precision Medicine Group in a new $275 million investment.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in the sale of a minority stake of its U.S. subsidiary, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, to Japanese trading house Sumitomo.
- Pacific Life and Aviation Capital Group in the minority investment by Tokyo Century in Aviation Capital Group, a transaction which won the Airline Economics Aviation 100 “2017 Overall Equity Deal of the Year” award.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $500 million preferred stock investment in Beacon Roofing Supply’s $2.625 billion acquisition of Allied Building Products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $650 million acquisition of Capco, FIS’s management consulting business.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in its $1.5 billion acquisition of the generic pharmaceuticals business of Upsher-Smith Laboratories.
- Providence Service Corporation in a strategic partnership with Frazier Healthcare Partners in Matrix Medical Network.
- American Coastal Insurance Company and its parent, RDX Holding Corp., in its merger with United Insurance Holdings Corp.
- Evercore in the transfer of control of its Mexican private equity business, Evercore Mexico Capital Partners, to Glisco Partners.
- J.C. Flowers and Ascensus in the sale of Ascensus to Genstar Capital and Aquiline Capital Partners.
- Stone Point Capital in its significant equity investment in specialty insurance broker Alliant Insurance Services, with KKR retaining a significant equity investment in the business.
- Roofing Supply Group, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $1.1 billion sale to Beacon Roofing Supply.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of AmeriLife Group.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Durcon, a manufacturer of laboratory-grade work surfaces.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- HarbourVest Partners in a newly established fund managed by Nova Capital with equity provided by Nova Capital’s limited partners, including Nova, and secondary funds managed by HarbourVest Partners and Landmark Partners, which fund was established to acquire a portfolio of businesses within Newell Rubbermaid’s Hardware group in North America for $214 million.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.05 billion acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Wilsonart International Holdings, the decorative surfaces unit of Illinois Tool Works.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- New York University School of Law, 2010, J.D.
- University of Washington, 2004, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$