David Bright focuses his practice on representing individuals and companies in white collar criminal and regulatory investigations, securities litigation, and FCPA and anti-corruption matters, in addition to representing clients in complex commercial disputes. David also has an active and varied pro bono practice that includes working as an advocate for transgender, refugee and prisoner rights.
David has represented clients in investigations by the Department of Justice, the US Attorney’s Office and the SEC, in addition to investigations by various financial regulatory agencies. His clients have included leading pharmaceutical, financial, hospitality and entertainment companies.
Recent representations include:
- Internal investigation of a multinational pharmaceutical company facing FCPA, fraud, and corruption charges across several continents.
- Defense of a RMBS trader from a Top 20 global investment bank in a federal securities fraud investigation.
- Representation of a G-SIFI financial institution in regulatory matters before various financial regulators (e.g., CFTC, ICE Futures, FINRA).
- Defense of a global leader in construction and facilities services in a breach of contract claim.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in a multi-state class action lawsuit.
- Defense of a Top 10 cable television company in an antitrust suit.
During his time at Columbia Law School, David served as editor-in-chief of A Jailhouse Lawyers Manual, and oversaw the publication of its tenth edition as an executive member of the Columbia Human Rights Law Review.
He also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Paul G. Gardephe in the Southern District of New York, and as a legal intern with both the US Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York and the Office of the Prosecution for the United Nation’s International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
Prior to joining Cooley, David worked in brand compliance, marketing strategy and portfolio growth as the director of portfolio and strategy for Starwood Hotels.
Rate : $$$