David Cohen is an associate in the Business Finance & Restructuring Department of Weil’s New York office. Mr. Cohen’s practice includes domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, distressed financing and distressed M&A.
Mr. Cohen has been a member of teams representing debtors, secured lenders and other creditors in a number of in-court restructurings and other matters, including:
- Representing international retail clothing company Aéropostale in connection with its chapter 11 cases and its proceeding under Canada’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Representing nuclear power company Westinghouse Electric Company in its ongoing chapter 11 cases
- Representing U.S. sporting goods retailer Golfsmith in connection with its chapter 11 cases and the related CCAA proceedings of its Canadian affiliates operating as Golf Town
- Representing certain prepetition lenders in connection with the chapter 11 cases and CCAA proceedings of Performance Sports Group, owner of iconic sporting good brands Bauer and Easton
- Representing Paragon Offshore in connection with its chapter 11 cases
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Cohen worked in public policy for the Government of Ontario and worked at a full-service law firm in Toronto where he was a member of teams that worked on a number of restructurings of large Canadian companies under the CCAA, including Nortel Networks, Target Canada, and Connacher Oil & Gas.
- University of Guelph (B.Comm, with honours, 2009)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2014)
- New York State
- Southern District New York
Rate : $$$$