David Hutchinson grew up in Ann Arbor and Newark, Delaware. He returned to Ann Arbor to go to college at the University of Michigan. After graduating from law school at Indiana University in Bloomington, he returned once more. Dave and his wife Kris have made Ann Arbor their home, and raised their two daughters there.
After law school, Dave continued to develop his legal skills from a number of different angles. He taught Legal Research and Writing at the Wayne State University Law School for two years. following that, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Charles W. Joiner of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan in Detroit.
Dave’s skill in legal research and writing served him well when he went into private practice with a well-respected general practice Ann Arbor firm, where he was a litigator for 14 years. He has also served as a United States Bankruptcy Trustee for over 25 years.
In order to be able to choose the clients to whom he felt he could be of the most service, Dave chose to establish his own firm. He has been in general practice since 1994, and enjoys using the knowledge he’s acquired through the years to help clients resolve their personal and financial problems.
Dave has received a rating of 9.9 out of 10 on attorney rating site Avvo, which evaluates attorneys based on experience, professional conduct, and recognition within their industry.
- Indiana University School of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors, 1976
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, 1972
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- State Bar of Michigan, 1977-present
- State Bar of Michigan Master Lawyers Section, 2005-present
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association, 1996-present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 1996-present
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference (Lifetime Member), 2000-present
- Washtenaw County Bar Association, 1980-present
- United States Bankruptcy Court Trustee, Chapter 12 cases, 1987-present
Rate : $$$