David Saltaformaggio practices in the area of marine, energy, transportation and insurance law. His practice consists of defending vessel owners and operators from claims arising from personal injury and contract disputes. He has experience conducting shipboard investigations.
Mr. Saltaformaggio also practices in the area of transportation litigation, with a focus on employee personal injury and death (F.E.L.A.). In addition, Mr. Saltaformaggio has experience in insurance coverage litigation across multiple lines of insurance, both marine insurance and commercial property and casualty insurance.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Mr. Saltaformaggio worked in the marine insurance and commercial insurance industry. As a Claims Manager for a marine insurance underwriting service, he managed offshore marine hull and machinery and protection and indemnity claims, including both personal injury and property claims.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Georgia, B.B.A. in Risk Management, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
Rate : $$$