David James is an experienced litigator at Clark Hill PLC, Beaumont Office. He focuses his practice on Admiralty, Maritime, and Commercial litigation. He represents a vast range of clients including vessel owners, charterers, shipyards, drilling contractors, terminal operators, port authorities, and marine underwriters.
David James attended Texas A&M University-Galveston, Galveston, Texas, 1994 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in 1994. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge Louisiana in 2001.
David routinely advises clients on a variety of business issues such as shipyard damage claims, insurance coverage disputes, personal injury claims by seamen, among others.
He has been admitted and licensed to practice in the State Bar of Texas, Louisiana and in the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, U.S. District Ct., S.D. of Texas, U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Texas, U.S. District Circuit.
- Responded and investigated casualties and other maritime incidents; correspondent for several members of the International Group of P&I Clubs.
- Prepared and reviewed maritime related agreements, including vessel construction and repair contracts, charter parties, master service agreements, vessel sale, and vessel finance documentation.
- Handled large allision matter involving the total destruction of an oil terminal’s dock; matter settled before commencement of litigation on terms highly favorable to shipowner client.
- Successfully received dismissal of breach of contract claim due to claimant’s failure to fulfill discovery obligations.
- J.D., Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2001
- B.S., Texas A & M University-Galveston, Galveston, Texas, 1994
State Bar Licenses:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Ct., S.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Louisiana
Rate : $$$$