David J. Jolivette is an accomplished business lawyer with more than 40 years of experience in the full range of business and real estate transactions. His goal is always to bring the deal home for clients in a timely and efficient manner.
He makes the legal component of business deals a manageable step in reaching his clients’ goals, not a problematic, complicated step. His clients look to him for solutions, and he delivers. Within David’s transactional practice, he handles all aspects of the purchase and sale of businesses, assets and real estate.
He coordinates the appropriate financing transactions and creates any necessary corporation, limited liability company or partnership the transaction requires. After a business is up and running, he negotiates contracts and leases and handles ongoing company issues.
Focusing on privately held companies, David is there every step of the way, helping build companies from the ground up and handling all transactional needs. In addition to his transactional practice, David maintains a sophisticated estate planning practice, preparing estate plans for individuals and for the owners of his business clients.
He has a wide range of experience, from straightforward estate plans to complex and multigenerational plans. He serves as trustee or co-trustee of several trusts and is experienced in dealing with issues involving transitioning businesses to the next generation and complications that arise in estate administration as a larger section of the population matures.
His experience includes :
- Representing a growing manufacturer in the purchase of four industrial properties and the lease of four warehouses.
- Representing a worldwide beauty school textbook publisher for 35 years, including handling numerous reorganizations, contracts, leases, and purchases and sales of real estate.
- Advising a muffler shop franchisee with 27 locations in the Chicago and St. Louis areas. Handled negotiations for and purchases of new locations, along with leases at all locations and many real estate purchase transactions.
- Represented a worldwide beauty school textbook publisher for 35 years, including handling numerous reorganizations, contracts, leases, and purchases and sales of real estate.
- Advised a muffler shop franchisee with 27 locations in the Chicago and St. Louis areas. Handled negotiations for and purchases of new locations, along with leases at all locations and many real estate purchase transactions.
Community Leadership :
- Illinois Shore Girl Scout Council, Director and Vice President, 1980-1986
- Kenilworth United Fund, Director, 1984-1988, Campaign Chairman and Vice President, 1984-1985, President, 1985-1986
- Chicago Area Peace Corps Association, Director, 1989-1992, President, 1991-1992
- Global Awareness Foundation, Director, 1994-2009
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., University of Wisconsin
Admissions : Illinois, Wisconsin
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
Rate : $$$