David B. Jordan focuses his practice on employment counseling and litigation, including all aspects of labor relations and employment law. His areas of concentration include : Complex class and collective action litigation, Discrimination, Wrongful discharge.
He also handles disputes involving employment contracts, covenants not to compete, trade secrets and confidentiality agreements. In addition to representing employers in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, David also regularly counsels clients on a variety of workplace issues, such as: Employment policies, Positive employee relations.
David is an active speaker on labor and employment law issues, appearing before trade organizations, human resource professionals and corporate legal departments. Most frequently, he works with clients in such industries as energy, retail, restaurant and hospitality, manufacturing, banking and healthcare.
From 2000-2001, David served as a clerk for the Hon. Sven Erik Holmes of the United States District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma. Prior to practicing law, David spent approximately 10 years in the hospitality industry, building and managing a variety of restaurant concepts.
- J.D., The University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2000
- B.A., Oklahoma State University, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Former Chair, Labor & Employment Law Section, Houston Bar Association, 2008-2013
- Former Council Member, Labor & Employment Law Section, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$$