David W. Kantaros is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he is co-chair of the firm’s Technology Industry Team and a member of the Private Equity & Venture Capital and Transactional & Securities Practices, as well as the Energy and Manufacturing Industry Teams. He represents venture capital and private equity funds as well as publicly and privately held corporations in the emerging technology and life science industries.
Prior to joining Foley, David was an associate at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault LLP.
Representative Experience :
David’s experience includes:
- Counseling high-tech, as well as biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies as to corporate structure, technology protection and transactional matters
- Advising venture capital firms in private placement activities and in fund formation, including the structuring of the fund, general partner, management company and the role of principals and limited partners in the various entities
- Representing public and private companies, as well as investment banking firms, in mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements, including convertible debt transactions, PIPEs, and other forms of equity and debt financings
- Advising private and public companies on corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance (including SEC and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- Structuring and negotiating technology license agreements, including master license agreements, OEM agreements, Beta test agreements, shrinkwrap agreements and strategic relationships involving the sharing of technology
David graduated from Brown University (B.A., 1988) and Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1994).
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
David is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts and is a member of the American Bar Association and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Rate : $$$