David H. Karceski concentrates his practice on real estate development and zoning and land use matters. David assists local, regional, and national clients in obtaining legislative, administrative, and regulatory approvals during all phases of real estate development and permitting in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and other jurisdictions in Maryland.
He has experience with transit-oriented developments, mixed-use town centers, industrial and office parks, institutional campus improvements, multifamily communities and residential subdivisions, and a variety of other projects.
He also focuses on obtaining approvals for innovative signage packages for projects that add value to all types of development.
- Obtained zoning and development approvals for a state-designated, transit-oriented development on 47+ acres of land, featuring more than 7 million square feet of space devoted to a mix of retail, office, restaurant, hospitality, and residential uses
- Assisted a national real estate investment trust with redevelopment and renovation of a planned unit development to enhance the lifestyle-oriented nature of a destination retail property. Improvements include an outdoor, multi-purpose recreational facility with outdoor seating, indoor recreational uses, and a new comprehensive sign package to rebrand the property
- Obtained approvals for vertical mixed-used, multifamily residential apartment communities and commercial redevelopment projects in the Towson core in Baltimore County. Navigated the design review board process and assisted in securing tax credits
- Represented commercial and residential property owners and developers in comprehensive zoning processes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County to add value to real estate holdings, increase land use flexibility, and create new opportunities for redevelopment.
- J.D.cum laudeCatholic University of America, Columbus School of Law1998
- B.A.Tulane University1994
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Clerk Experience : Honorable Joseph F. Murphy, Jr. Maryland Court of Special Appeals
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Board member, Greater Towson Committee
- Member, Home Builders Association of Maryland
- Serves on the Baltimore County Charter Review Commission
Rate : $$$