David L. Kendall has devoted his practice to corporate law, especially transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and other financings and general and high technology joint ventures. His clients include both public and private companies.
He has represented buyers, sellers, lenders, investors and other interested parties in connection with a number of complex leveraged buyouts and venture capital financings. David has extensive experience with all aspects of middle market mergers and acquisitions with particular focus in the distribution and manufacturing segments.
David is responsible for the day-to-day counseling of many of our closely-held corporate clients on a variety of legal issues and has represented clients in the manufacturing, distribution, health care, systems engineering, biotechnology and aerospace industries.
David speaks and writes on topics related to his practice, most recently on “Limited Liability Companies,” “Problems and Pitfalls in Acquisitions,” and “Buying and Selling a Business.”
Representative Experience :
- Representing a not-for-profit hospital in a whole hospital joint venture.
- Represented a not-for-profit hospital in asset sale to a public for profit hospital company.
- Represented a payroll services company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to private equity buyers.
- Represented a national healthcare company in its strategic acquisitions.
- Represented an international reinsurance company in the structuring and startup of a joint venture business.
- Represented a developer and marketer of proprietary seed genetics in the sale of a portion of its business to an international chemical and agri-business company.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 1984
- B.B.A., with high distinction, University of Michigan, 1979
Admissions : Illinois, 1984
Rate : $$$