David Kim advises clients on a variety of intellectual property disputes including Hatch-Waxman litigation and inter partes review (IPR). In particular, Mr. Kim represents companies in the medical device and life sciences industries, leveraging his expertise as biomedical engineer. Before joining Covington, David worked at an IP boutique law firm and completed a clerkship at the Central District of California.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2015
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 2009
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Dale S. Fischer, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2016 – 2017
Bar Admissions :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Matters :
- Representation of a pioneer pharmaceutical company in a Hatch-Waxman litigation against multiple defendants in the District of Delaware involving topical product, used in the treatment of skin disease.
- Representation of a leading medical device company as petitioner in an IPR proceeding relating to a knee implant.
- Representation of a leading solar energy company in a trade secret litigation in the Northern District of California.
Rate : $$$$