David Koch co-founded Plave Koch PLC in 2007 after many years of large-firm partnership. His practice focuses on franchising, licensing, and supply chain transactions.
Projects include structuring franchise programs and license arrangements, private equity investments in franchising, corporate and commercial transactions, regulatory compliance, antitrust counseling, advertising and marketing, and international expansion.
He has worked with clients in foodservice, hotels, educational services, staffing, car rental, automotive, insurance, homeowner services, retail, and other industries. Before entering private practice, Dave served as an Attorney-Advisor to the Hon. Daniel Oliver, Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission.
Dave is also an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan Law School, his alma mater, and at NYU Law School. Each law school operates an International Transactions Clinic where Dave works with students and clients on microfranchising and branded network projects.
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising
- Editor-in-Chief (2004-2007), Associate Editor (2002-2004), The Franchise Lawyer
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- International Bar Association
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Iowa (B.S. in Economics, with high honors)
Rate : $$$