David Cole is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Mr. Cole represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers and design professionals in all aspects of construction law.
He also handles litigation in commercial, industrial, heavy construction and public project matters, bid protests and mechanics’ lien matters. His practice also includes general civil litigation.
Mr. Cole is a past member of the board of directors of the University of Richmond School of Law. Mr. Cole has shared his knowledge of topical construction issues at business and educational forums.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1983, cum laude
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Represented a national and international roofing materials manufacturer for approximately 20 years in various states and jurisdictions related to multiple construction defects litigation cases.
- Represented an Egyptian governmental agency in an international arbitral matter related to infrastructure and wastewater treatment construction and associated construction defects, schedule delays and cost overruns creating claims in excess of $65 million that resulted in a favorable arbitral decision following three weeks of hearings.
- Represented multiple general contractors related to hotel, school, university, infrastructure, road, railroad, marine, transportation, office, and courthouse construction projects, among others, and associated construction defects, schedule delays and cost overruns in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia, among others.
- Represented an international design engineering firm related to construction of a governmental transportation center and disputes related to alleged construction defects and schedule delays that resulted in a favorable outcome after three weeks of trial proceedings.
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Baltimore City Bar Association
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
Community Service : Board of Directors – University of Richmond School of Law
Rate : $$$$