David Nagler’s real estate practice emphasizes financings, acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, recapitalizations, workouts and development projects. Mr. Nagler advises owners, developers, real estate funds, investors, REITs and lenders. His practice encompasses both counseling traditional real estate clients and representing clients in a wide range of real estate-related businesses.
Recent significant transactions include representing:
- Chartwell Retirement Residences in the $849 million sale of its U.S. senior housing business and more than $500 million of senior housing portfolio sales;
- MSD Capital in the $525 million financing of the Four Seasons Maui and the joint venture recapitalization and $225 million financing of the Four Seasons Hualalai resort;
- Deutsche Bank AG in connection with the $1.73 billion sale of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas hotel and casino;
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the joint venture recapitalization and financing of a $145 million office portfolio; and
- Sentinel Data Centers in a $180 million financing and in the net lease and financing of a data center for a financial services company.
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the joint venture acquisition, financing and subsequent disposition of 1370 Avenue of the Americas;
- Normandy Real Estate Partners in connection with the acquisition, financing and subsequent recapitalization of a portfolio of properties acquired in connection with the Glenborough REIT going-private transaction;
- Sentinel Data Centers in the disposition to a public REIT of a $375 million portfolio of data centers and a private equity joint venture;
- Campus Living Villages in the $200 million acquisition and financing of the Century student housing portfolio;
- J.D., The University of Chicago School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 1989
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$